Decided the females face was a bit too gormless, this photograph is pretty flattering. It looks far worse in person. So I have designed a chin. (The figure it’s self was not a complete success from the technical standpoint. I put this down to the use of different sized tools on the front and back, and hope to correct it on the next run)
My supervisor commented that the current design of the woman’s breasts were weird/medieval (which was a fair comment) so I’ve made the additions to hopefully make them somewhat more natural (it’s very hard to tell how effective they are just working off the 3d model, it’s only really evident how something works on the model once it is milled (thankfully it generally looks superior to the digital version)
First successful, well aligned figures in the round. I managed to stop the movement of the wood by changing the cutting action from horizontal to vertical and filling the underside of the piece with fine grains (through the holes in the sprue) so the action of the tool pushing down on the figure would not push it down causing misalignment.
these were done in a scrap piece of rimu, which is why the female figure has a hole in it’s face (the hole was preexisting in the material before I began machining it). but now that I have got it to work once full free standing figures can be achieved.
They came with sheet metal flower designs pinned to the outside, which I have pried off and will replace with iconography of my own design. I am currently milling a connector for the two blocks, and will also mill a stand for the bottom and a platform for the top to hold the clock radio.